Federal Way, Washington, located between Tacoma and Seattle, sits on the Puget Sound. The area has a number of unique attractions, so visitors of all ages can enjoy everything in the city. For a day trip, we suggest:
- The Tacoma Regional Convention and Visitor Bureau offers links for all of the attractions, entertainment, restaurants and accommodations the city has to offer.
- Wild Waves Theme Park is the largest amusement park in the Pacific Northwest. With attractions such as roller coasters, water rides, a children’s area, a zip line and spinning tea cups, there is something for the whole family.
- Seattle’s Convention and Visitors Bureau provides information on all Seattle has to offer, including activities, hotels, restaurants and attractions.
- The Rhododendron Species Botanical Gardens features more than 1,000 species of rhododendrons found all over the world in a 20-acre park. The gardens features a conservatory, pond garden, gazebo and alpine garden.
- The Pacific Rim Bonsai Garden, adjacent to the Rhododendron Species Botanical Gardens, holds the largest collection of bonsai trees outside of Japan. The trees, some of which are hundreds of years old, display a wide variety of styles, including blooming ones inspired by bougainvillea.